Upgrading Your Project
If you’ve been using the older version available via github here are some notable changes.
- Uses Node.js to serve and compile code (precompiled binaries included)
- No longer requires Python to be installed
- Installed system wide so you don’t need to include Cocos2D’s code in your project
- @super keyword has been removed. (use
- Renamed make.js and config.js files to make.json and config.json respectively.
To upgrade your project follow these steps.
- First install v0.1 by following the instructions in the README.md file.
- Rename your make.js and if you have one, your config.js files to make.json and config.json
- Replace all references to @super with
ClassName.superclass.functionName.apply(this, arguments). Where
ClassNameshould be the name of your class and
functionNameshould be the name of the function.
- Completely delete the cocos2d folder in your project.
- Delete the ./cocos and ./cocos.bat scripts in the root of your project
- Test your project by running
If you have any problems upgrading add a comment and I’ll help you out.